The role: Senior Network Administrator
We are looking for a senior network administrator to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto office.
Why we need you:
You’ll be joining our Network team to support large-size corporate locations in a fast paced, production environment. You will work closely with the server group to provide ongoing network support.
You’ll have creativity in troubleshooting and problem solving, and eager to learn and grow in the role. Daily activities will include configuring routers and firewall devices utilizing both Cisco and Juniper, working on port security issues and conducting vulnerability assessments across the network.
Who are we looking for:
You’ll be designing, configuring and deploying network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure across multiple sites along with producing network design and configuration documentation, and perform knowledge transfer to the Network Engineering team. You’ll need demonstrated experience with configuring, deploying, and managing Network Infrastructure devices including, but not limited to, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Appliances within Local, and Wide area networks of varying sizes and complexity and within “Multi-Vendor” hardware supported environments.
You’ll be working with the team to complete complex switch and router installations along with monitoring/maintain the health of the network, routers and switchers to make sure there aren’t any issues. You’ll have experience with the administration of Citrix NetScaler ADC. An understanding of security protocols: TLS, HTTPS, SSH is also important.
You’ll be configuring and deploying Netscaler ADC based solutions in non-prod and production environments, assist in application high-availability solutions and supporting customers and users in networking and firewall related issues to ensure proper communications are configured. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the Engineering field or equivalent experience is important.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
– 3-5 (or more) years of experience in equivalent, or similar role(s)
– Strong experience in TCP/IP, routing, networking and balancing along with experience with the administration and management of various Layer 3 protocols and concepts; to include, but not limited to, static routing, Internal and External dynamic routing protocols (e.g., OSPF/BGP), Redundant Routing Protocols (HSRP/VRRP), Access Control Lists and Firewall Filter/Policy implementation is important
– Experience recommending, evaluating, and piloting new technologies to optimize the network infrastructure
– Experience with Citrix Load Balancers, Switches, Routers, and Firewalls
– CCNA/CCNP certification is a bonus
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
– Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
– $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
– Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
– free snacks and catered lunch
– in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What Happens Next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone/video interview. If that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom or face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
We hope that we’ve answered as many of your questions about working at the PokerStars as possible, but if you still have some questions, why not try visiting our FAQ page?Find your answers here