The Payments Strategy team is responsible for defining payments strategy for PokerStars, aligning it with other Group’s brands, identifying and planning payments strategic initiatives, managing portfolio and prioritising development backlog per strategy, addressing regulatory changes and payments risk, identifying payments innovations, and bringing them on board for an execution by product team.
Payments Strategy & Innovations Manager will be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering strategic initiatives, payments innovations and augmentation to payments concepts aligning them with the Group strategy and regulatory requirements.
The individual should have an ability to initiate and lead multifunctional projects, negotiate commercial deals with payment suppliers, executing contracts according to corporate standards, and being a project sponsor for product and project managers in delivery of payments strategic initiatives in Agile environment.
- Influencing international payments strategy development and optimisation with gap and risk analysis, innovations, and latest financial and gambling industry regulatory trends identification
- Lead, plan and execute payments strategic initiatives, collaborating with cross functional teams and payment suppliers
- Developing and delivering Innovative payments and augmentation to payments concepts
- In depth analysis and assessment of Innovative Online Payments technologies in e-commerce and online entertainment industry
- In depth analysis and assessment of various augmentation to payments (i.e. account verification and customer insights solutions, FX providers)
- Identifying customer problems and pain points which innovative payments technologies can solve
- Maintaining up to date extensive knowledge of Financial Services regulations and their application within the context of online gambling. Liaising with legal consultants in relevant areas, card schemes and industry bodies.
- Running an RFP to choose the best-in-class supplier for the strategic initiative
- Full onboarding of chosen suppliers including but not limited to product review, commercial and contract negotiations
- Build and own new development justification business cases working closely with Data and Business Analysts and Financial Planning Department
- Working with key internal stakeholders on meeting all corporate requirements of new strategic initiatives and innovative payments concepts
- Working closely with payments product managers in various stages of Lean Product Development Cycle as a Project Sponsor
- Project managing of all required deliveries for the launch of new payment concept or payments changes due to new financial regulation requirements
- Being Payments Subject Matter Expert for new market entries of the Group
- Developing promotional activities with Marketing of the Group to increase adoption of new payments concepts
Skills and Capabilities
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in online payments or financial industry on senior positions influencing division or corporate strategy
- Degree in finance, marketing, management or similar
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary projects
- Experience in market and consumer behaviour research
- Knowledge of financial industry regulation and online payments landscape
- Proven track record in commercial negotiations on executive level with emphasis on B2B
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Very strong analytical skills with minute attention to detail
- Experience of completion legal contracts
- Proactive, independent and result oriented individual
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate throughout the organisation
- Fluent in English and one other EU language
- Capacity to travel
- Experience in online gambling company
- Experience in innovations department of financial/payments company
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- a subsidised canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.