The role: Senior Penetration Tester
We are looking for a Senior Penetration Tester to join our Security Engineering team in Leeds or working remotely within the UK.
“This is a superb opportunity for an experienced penetration tester to work in our Application Security Program, performing penetration tests and embedding good security practices throughout our development lifecycle, ensuring security is considered in the initial solution designs and security tested before release to our customers” – Richard Pilling, Department Head, Security Engineering.
Are you our next star player?
This role follows a remote approach to working, allowing you to work from the comfort of your home or anywhere within the country of employment. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned so you can expect once a quarter to be invited to work from our office and all travel costs will be expended.
As our Senior Penetration Tester, you will join our fast-growing Application Security team. As part of this team, you will be collaborating with engineering teams across the organisation to ensure our applications are secure by design and can be trusted by our players.
As well as performing penetration tests on our applications and infrastructure, you will learn and understand our application architecture to identify potential threats, so they can be remediated before they are exposed in production.
Why we need you
Reporting to the Department Head of Security Engineering, our Senior Penetration tester will:
- Perform penetration tests on our networks, web applications and computer systems to ensure what we build is secure and protects our players and systems from risk.
- Support the application security team to help conduct architectural risk analysis, threat modelling of user stories, define security requirements and run penetration tests.
- Review and help teams understand external security assessment reports and vulnerabilities.
- Ensure that our applications our secure from the latest methods of exploitation.
Who we’re looking for
An experienced penetration tester capable of exposing security vulnerabilities within applications and interpreting the technical risks as business impacts. Then working with development teams to ensure effective remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Extensive work experience in the field of penetration testing.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of software weaknesses (CWE, OWASP).
- Experienced with cryptography, networking protocols, web applications, databases, and wireless technologies.
- Experience with dynamic analysis tools such as BurpSuite and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Penetration testing certification such as OSCP, CRT, or demonstrative experience.
- Ability to properly scope and perform penetration tests to an agreed standard
- Ability to document and present your findings to our development teams.
- Ability to write and understand scripting and programming languages
- A keen interest in security and a strong desire to learn new technologies and a passion for information security.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and be a role model for our security engineers.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.