The role: We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for Marketing Platforms (Digital) to join our Marketing Platforms team in Dublin.
The Customer function at PokerStars exists to transform customer experiences. We believe the best way to achieve this is through a customer centric, hypothesis led, data driven, outcome focused approach, where there is a risk tolerance for failure. The Customer function plays a critical role in the performance of the PokerStars business, and Flutter International more broadly
Are you our next star player?
Reporting into the Associate Product Director for Marketing Platforms, you will play a key role within the Marketing Platforms function and the organisation at large. You will lead the Digital Product Managers as we grow from a single Digital Agile Squad to multiple Agile Squads for the digital platform as part of a wider agile transformation.
You will feed into the end state vision for our digital platform, informed by a deep understanding of our internal capabilities, a considered view of our current challenges and ambitions, and a thoughtful perspective on key industry and technology trends in Ad Technology and Marketing Technology.
To help deliver on the end state vision, you will work lead a team of Product Managers working alongside Product Owners and Technology peers and get support from cross functional teams including data scientists, engineers, designers and marketers.
In the role you will master the multiple complex product and marketing domains that we operate in, ensuring our platform can support the global scale of the division and the vast array of customer experiences offered by PokerStars and Betfair.
You will take a leading role on big bet initiatives / programmes of work, guiding teams on governance, team mobilisation, outcome definition, prioritisation, delivery and communication both inward and outward.
You will inspire a culture of growth across the customer and product function, one that encourages experimentation and curiosity as well as a constant desire to improve in any and every area.
Why we need you
As a Senior Product Manager in Marketing Platforms, you will lead a team of Product Managers to help define the product strategy and vision for the areas impacted by the Marketing Platform Squads over the short, medium and long term in the context of outcomes which align to the overall set of Customer outcomes, and PokerStars and Betfair International strategy
Products areas in scope, but are not limited to:
- Digital Marketing Capabilities, including
- Customer Identity
- Content Marketing Capabilities
- Customer Marketing Capabilities
- Reward and Loyalty capabilities
- Personalisation capabilities
- 3rd Party partnerships
The challenge for this role is to build out a compelling, coherent and integrated strategy while maintaining the current digital stack which having been build up organically is very disparate.
You will think through how to integrate multiple channels and teams to amplify campaign reach and effectiveness, using data and insight to enhance marketing performance.
The role requires deep collaboration with peers in product, technology and marketing to ensure our platform and capabilities are fit for purpose. This role will require strong partner engagement with the marketing teams and data technology teams, and knit across vertical teams of Sports, Casino and Poker.
Key accountabilities include
- Define a clear vision for the marketing platform with a focus on Ad Tech within the confines of the end state vision for the whole marketing platform
- Lead a team to build out best in class digital and customer marketing capabilities, crafting a near-term product roadmap that aligns with the broader strategy for marketing platforms and company goals
- Ensure the platform is architected to support our growth strategy & way of working, facilitating rapid deployments of customer experiences
- Ensure the platform is scalable with the capability to support 150% of commercial targets
- Work with technology to define and analyse key metrics for the marketing platform, driving initiatives which will contribute to the company’s long-term vision, whilst delivering value for our users today
- Define and own partnerships of 3rd Party Product Roadmap where appropriate
- Effectively communicate strategic rationale of roadmap to more junior team members
- Describe complicated and/or interrelated functionality determining the right order for epics & goals
- Understand technical and design trade-offs, work with teams to find creative solutions that strike the right balance between speed and quality
- Assess the quality of a release and make decisions on whether it meets the bar for customers
- Formulate the right questions that should be asked, and track down data that can inform decisions for strategic and roadmap decisions
- Connect project-level outcomes to key metrics that drive your product area, and that are meaningful outcomes for the business
- Foster a close relationship with marketing and users of the product, demonstrating feedback from multiple sources to help prioritise roadmap decisions
- Clearly articulate to peers why the work is important to the company. Identify when you are hitting the point of diminishing returns and can make the case to slow/stop investment
- Identify partners that will be consulted with, not only that you can predict their feedback and make sure you have a plan to address it before reaching out. Seek to find product solutions that strike the right balance of partner needs.
- Work with your team to put together concrete, practical career development for each member
Who we’re looking for
- Customer centric: Empathy for the user and a passion for building customer-centric products
- Openly curious: Willing to question preconceptions and bring new ideas
- Outcome focused: achieves outcomes that drives both customer behaviour and performance with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Data driven led by the appropriate use of data to get to insight and drive decision making
- Decision quality: makes quality, long and short-term decisions considering various inputs
- Collaborates: is a teammate – works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Bias to action, ownership, and an honest and blame free approach to problem solving
- Work with the Marketing Products LT to contribute to overarching technology strategy choices
- Challenge and influence technology and standard methodology decisions throughout customer experience
- Ensure the team understands the impact of broader Technology choices and trade-offs
- Work with partners and 3rd parties to prioritise enhancement and optimisation opportunities
- Understands product evolution in the sector
- Contribute to the definition of the Customer Strategy of which customer growth is a critical part
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience as a leader of a large product organisation in a complex company
- Have had multiple roles being directly responsible for the creation of customer-facing products with large teams under your leadership, consisting of designers, product, project managers, technology
- Familiar with, and a practitioner of modern approaches to product development methodologies
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to prioritise and translate into practical outcomes and key results
- Excellent numeracy and analytical abilities
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Excellent interpersonal and partner management skills
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- 1000 EUR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.