The role: We are looking for a Senior Product Owner for to join our Marketing Platforms team in Dublin.
The Customer function at PokerStars exists to transform customer experiences. We believe the best way to achieve this is through a customer centric, hypothesis led, data driven, outcome focused approach, where there is a risk tolerance for failure. The Customer function plays a critical role in the performance of the PokerStars business, and Flutter International more broadly
Are you our next star player?
Reporting into the Associate Product Director for Marketing Platforms, the Senior Product Owner for Marketing Platforms is a key role within the Marketing Platforms function and the organisation at large. You will lead a team of product owners who are responsible for managing backlogs in Agile Squads (SCRUM). Currently there are 5 squads, but ambitious growth plans mean it is likely there will be 10+ by the end of 2022.
To help deliver on the end state vision for the marketing platform, you will work lead a team of Product Owners working alongside Product Managers and Technology peers and get support from cross functional teams including data scientists, engineers, designers and marketers. You will drive an agile mentality and ways of working into the squads through the team of Product Owners.
In the role you will master the multiple complex product and marketing domains that we operate in, ensuring our platform can support the global scale of the division and the vast array of customer experiences offered by PokerStars and Betfair.
You will take a leading role non marketing big bet initiatives / programmes of work, ensuring requirements are clear before disseminating down to the squads through the team of Product Owners. Thus, ensuring there is a consistent approach to managing cross tribe work and that no requirements are missed.
You will inspire a culture of growth across the customer and product function, one that encourages experimentation and curiosity as well as a constant desire to improve in any and every area.
Why we need you
What You’ll be Doing…
As a Senior Product Owner in Marketing Platforms, you will lead a team of Product Owners to help deliver the product strategy and vision for the areas impacted by the Marketing Platform Squads over the short, medium and long term in the context of outcomes which align to the overall set of Customer outcomes, and PokerStars and Betfair International strategy
The Marketing Platform team has recently completed, and agile transformation and the Product Owner role is a new role in the system. The challenge for this role is to build out a team of Product Owners and driving agile mentalities and WOWs while driving consistency in the WOWs and reporting mechanisms across the system.
As a gate keeper into the Marketing Platform pipeline you will require a high-level understanding of the entire marketing stack to ensure work ends up in the correct squad.
The role requires deep collaboration with peers in product, technology and marketing to ensure our ways of working and process for accepting work are conducive to hitting the longer-term strategic goals and outcomes.
Key accountabilities include
- Lead a team of Product owners, making sure they each create and own their squad’s backlog and manage the priorities ensuring they deliver value to the business. You will create an environment that supports each Product Owner and squad in aligning to reach their goals
- For bigger pieces of work, especially those that are across multiple squads be able to take understand the needs of the requestor and be able to split the work as needed between squads, ensuring the Product Owners all understand the bigger picture associated with the piece of work they are working on
- Drive an agile mentality to breaking down complex initiatives so that business value can be released in an incremental way
- Drive consistency in ways of working for Product Owners across all the marketing platform squads
- Drive consistency in reporting against roadmap plans across all the marketing platform squads
- Be a gatekeeper for non-marketing requests, ensuring requests are well understood, have proper governance and roadmap priority before they are handed off to Product Owners in relevant squads to deliver
- Ensure consistency around communication between squads and partners and provide consistent levels of transparency
- Manage cross squad dependencies as well as cross tribe dependencies
Who we’re looking for
- Customer centric: Empathy for the user and a passion for building customer-centric products
- Openly curious: Willing to question preconceptions and bring new ideas
- Outcome focused: achieves outcomes that drives both customer behaviour and performance with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Data driven: led by the appropriate use of data to get to insight and drive decision making
- Decision quality: makes quality, long and short-term decisions considering various inputs
- Collaborates: is a standout colleague – works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Bias to action, ownership, and an honest and blame free approach to problem solving
- Work with the Marketing Products LT to contribute to overarching technology strategy choices
- Challenge and influence technology and standard methodology decisions throughout customer experience
- Ensure the team understands the impact of broader Technology choices and trade-offs
- Work with partners and 3rd parties to prioritise enhancement and optimisation opportunities
- Understands product evolution in the sector
- Contribute to the definition of the Customer Strategy of which customer growth is a critical part
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience as a leader of a large product organisation in a complex company
- Have had multiple roles being directly responsible for the creation of customer-facing products with large teams under your leadership, consisting of designers, product, project managers, technology
- Familiar with, and a practitioner of modern approaches to product development methodologies
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to prioritise and translate into practical outcomes and key results
- Excellent numeracy and analytical abilities
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Excellent interpersonal and partner management skills
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- 1000 EUR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.