The role: Senior Risk Manager
We are looking for a Senior Risk Manager to report to the Director, Risk Management and Compliance within the Legal and Risk Team of Flutter International division.
Are you our next star player?
In the role, will operate at the heart of the Legal and Risk Function working across every area of the business. The candidate will be interacting with people from all levels across International Divisions business areas and with the Group functions.
Flutter Entertainment plc is a global sports betting and gaming operator, with a portfolio of leading brands. Continuous innovation across product, marketing, technology and responsible gambling practices, coupled with a world-class creative team combine to create a leading proposition for customers to enjoy. Flutter provides customers with intuitive products that offer market-leading value, promotions and choice. These are powered by in-house technology, trading, development and responsible gambling teams.
The Group is divided into four divisions: UK and Ireland, Australia, US and International. Due to the growth of the Group in recent years, the International Division is newly established. The International Division consists of the PokerStars, Betfair International, Adjarabet and Junglee businesses and operates in over 100 countries. In doing so, the business operates through a mix of locally licenced and offshore business models.
Why we need you:
As a key member of the Legal and Risk management team:
- Planning – To build, maintain, and own a detailed project plan for the delivery of the risk management framework with tasks, responsibilities and timelines and track and report on progress to provide a clear project status to management and partners.
- Governance – Ensure that risk management meetings and committees plus Board and Exco meetings are prepared for, including the preparation of necessary materials to achieve the relevant objectives.
- Assurance – Work with Assurance to ensure alignment of the work of the Assurance team with risk activities.
- Reporting – Design, build and implement suitable risk reporting for the stakeholders and senior management of International Division.
- Projects – Co-ordinate the efforts of risk-oriented project teams and workstream owners based in different jurisdictions/time-zones. Consistently challenge, support, question, monitor and report on their progress and achievements with risk management initiatives. Establish relationships and work with key stakeholders to move the projects forward.
- Risk Management Framework – work with the Group Risk team and assist with developing Flutter’s risk management strategy and principles. Develop and maintain an effective divisional risk management system comprising of strategies, processes and reporting procedures necessary to identify, assess, monitor, manage and report on a continuous basis the risks to which the division is, or could be, exposed, and their interdependencies.
- Risk Register – Build, challenge and implement a meaningful and effective risk register working closely with all business areas.
- Challenge – Rigorously challenge and scrutinise risk management processes and procedures to ensure appropriate identification, quantification, management, mitigation and reporting.
- Audit – Work with Internal Audit and other audit parties as required to help coordinate review risk management work and ensure that agreed actions are completed on time.
- Risk Team – Recruit, develop, lead and motivate the risk management team as required, potentially across multiple jurisdictions.
- Group code of conduct/ethics – Ensure reference and adherence to both the spirit and letter of the Flutter Group code of conduct in all matters.
Who are we looking for?
The role requires an experienced risk management individual with significant, proven experience in senior legal/risk/compliance/project roles in large, heavily regulated, and international companies or with a ‘big four’ background.
The role-holder will have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across departments and ensure partners receive information required in the appropriate format. He/she will have the ability to take the initiative and can multi-task and prioritise across multiple time-critical sophisticated projects to ensure successful delivery. In particular:
- Strong organisational and project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience in risk management and change projects (preferably cross functional), with proven track record to take ownership of all aspects of a project from concept to completion.
- Experience of working in a heavily regulated environment e.g. gaming, banking or pharmaceutical
- Experience with engaging with regulators across multiple jurisdictions, external advisors and the broader stakeholder community.
- Positive and flexible attitude with the ability to deal with ambiguity and take the initiative.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to face external and internal stakeholders in a professional and mature manner as there is considerable exposure to senior leaders across the Group.
- Commercial acumen and business knowledge.
- Analytical and able to draw out key insights from reports.
- Strong Competency in the Microsoft Office suite of products plus other related packages e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate others to perform at the highest standard.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a zoom/ face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com