We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (C++) to join our busy and dynamic Core Technology and Shared Services team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto office.
Are you our next star player?
The Senior Software Developer will play a pivotal role in the team, developing leading-edge software products that deliver the world’s best online gaming (poker, casino and sports betting) experience. You’ll be designing, developing, and maintaining the code for backend servers. Our servers operate 24/7 and are the backbone of PokerStars online offering.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to participate in the whole lifecycle of software development – solving problems and working on new features, designing solutions, coding, testing, and supporting production environments.
The Senior Software Developer will:
- Create software that runs 24/7 that is enjoyed by millions of users world-wide.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of object-oriented programming languages and standard libraries (C++ preferred).
- Provide solid written and communication skills.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Expert knowledge of OOP (C++ is preferred)
- Working knowledge of operating systems’ APIs (Windows or Linux).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, UDP and HTTP protocols is a plus.
- Have a degree in Computer science or related degree along with experience in a software development company.
- Database knowledge is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner, and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- 1000 EUR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- Access to an onsite gym.
About The Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Senior Software Developer role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.