We are looking for a Software Server Developer to join our busy and dynamic team in our Sofia, Bulgaria service office.
Are you our next Star Player?
You’ll be developing leading-edge software products to provide the world’s best online gaming experience. You’ll be designing, developing and maintaining the core internals and low level libraries of our core server infrastructure.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Who are we looking for:
You’ll have extensive demonstrable experience of C++ development along with being an expert in Windows OS internals (WIN32 API and Multi-threading), computer networks and distributed applications. You will be working on core backend server components which operate 24/7 and constitute the backbone of company gaming and CRM operations.
It is highly desirable to have a clear understanding of TCP/IP,UDP and HTTP protocols.
You must have experience in designing efficient algorithms and knowledge of STL library as you will be supporting and driving architectural decisions with respect to our core game system platforms. Along with this, you should be able to manage stress and meet deadlines to ensure our infrastructure continues to scale successfully with our growing player base.
It’s important that you have experience with relational database (SQL Server, DB2) and a Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience as you’ll be delivering high quality software and provide support to our QA teams.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
Experience with test driven development and agile methodologies will be an added benefit for this role along with an understanding of poker and other card games or the online poker industry. Knowledge of network security (PKI, TLS/SSL) will be beneficial as will experience with high-demand 24/7 operations and a familiarity with OpenSSL and Pseudo/Hardware RNGs.
What’s in it for you?
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- External learning support of up to 4,536BGN or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
- Personal life insurance and disability coverage
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Personal e-learning courses and training supporting the development in your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 BGN for your new addition whilst working for us
- A sports’ card membership valid across the country
- In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
- Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
- Monthly lunch and travel allowance
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview. And if that goes well, we’ll invite you to a second Zoom interview
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our role, you will be invited to a zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.