THE ROLE: Senior SQL Database Administrator
We are looking for a Senior SQL Database Administrator to join our Data Platform team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
ARE YOU OUR NEXT STAR PLAYER?
Come and join the team behind the BI Data Warehouse – a rock-solid platform that empowers teams and products across all the business. We are the foundations of the Busies Intelligence and Data Platform Administrators are at the centre of everything we do! And you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who created the most popular apps and products of their kind.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
WHY WE NEED YOU:
As Senior SQL Database Administrator, you’ll manage MSSQL Servers and data platform infrastructure – supporting monitoring, auditing, security governance through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- You’ll maintain database servers, data platform infrastructure and processes including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance and availability.
- Ensure Platform security by governing and enforcing a strong security framework to ensure enterprise levels of identity and access control.
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist Data Engineers and Developers with designing, implementing, and maintaining complex data platform solutions, maintain and update the documentation stack.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ year/s experience with MS SQL Server Administration
- Experience with native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Proven experience with security fundamentals, database backups, restores and recovery models and Windows server.
- Familiar with network and version control system fundamentals.
- Energetic and proactive thinker; you have great organizational skills and can plan work independently. You are flexible and easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have an academic degree in Computer Science or IT/IS and/or relevant certifications.
- Experience with AWS and Azure is beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Good knowledge in the Microsoft server operation systems
- Scripting capabilities in T-SQL and PowerShell
- Ability to produce written technical content
- Hands-on experience with MS SQL AlwaysOn clusters, Analysis & Reporting Services, Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning will be considered an advantage
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and disability coverage
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 BGN for your new addition whilst working for us
- A sports’ card membership valid across the country
- In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
- Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
- Monthly lunch and travel allowance
- Free snacks, fruits and drinks in the office.
ABOUT THE GROUP
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
WANT A SEAT AT THE TABLE? APPLY NOW!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.