Role: Senior Systems Administrator
We are looking for a motivated Senior Systems Administrator to join our growing dynamic team in our Richmond Hill office.
Why we need you:
You’ll be communicating to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over telephone/zoom, to help set-up systems or resolve issues so you’ll need proven knowledge of SMTP protocols, mail routing, TCP/IP, routing, networking and balancing along with an understanding of TLS, HTTPS and SSH.
You’ll be troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware or software faults along with supporting roll-out of new applications and hardware. Day-to-day, you’ll also be analysing, designing, and developing modifications and changes to existing systems to improve performance.
Who are we looking for:
- Monitoring and maintenance of complex multicomponent systems
- Support and optimisation of servers, running applications and services
- Planning, deploy and support virtualization systems
- Troubleshooting the variety of system and network problems; diagnosing and solving hardware and software failures
- Participating in incident response team and 2nd line support on-call schedule
- Analyse, design and develop modifications to the existing systems
- Provide support, including technical documentation and relevant reports
- Work with the databases and storage systems
- Setting up monitoring and backup solutions on the supported systems
- Script and automate routine tasks and procedures
- Work with servers and spare parts inventory
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Degree in Computer Science or the Engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years VMware administration experience
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Solid knowledge of filesystems (ZFS, EXT4, NTFS, ReFS, LVM)
- Solid knowledge of CIFS, Samba, NFS, FTP, iSCSI protocols
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, networking and balancing
- Strong knowledge of Apache httpd and Tomcat servers
- Understanding of security protocols: TLS, HTTPS, SSH
- Advanced scripting skills: Python, Bash, Perl, Ansible
- Familiarity with other operating systems (i.e., MS Windows, MacOS, BSD, etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases, and JSON based systems
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone/zoom interview. If that goes well, we’ll meet you for a further face-to-face/zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.