You will be playing a key part in the operations and support of Flutter International Marketing Technology solutions diagnosing and resolving application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for our players and system users.
Are you our next star player?
To support the enjoyment of millions of players all over the world we are seeking an outstanding Site Reliability Engineer to help monitor, diagnose, triage, debug and support production issues. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders to understand the priority and importance of incidents, feeding back to them regularly with status updates. You will be a detail-oriented person that works across multiple cross-functional delivery teams with a focus on technical excellence and a high-performance culture.
Once production incidents are resolved, you will then provide root cause analysis on incidents with recommendations for improvements. You will drive processes to implement these recommendations to deliver value to our customers as well as ensuring consistent monitoring, logging and alerting is provided going forward.
Some programming and debugging duties will be required in order to develop queries/reports of varying complexity and to troubleshoot and fix programmatic issues. Our client platforms include Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, iOS, Android and Web-based environments, running on Windows & Linux server architecture. This is an opportunity to make a difference in a fast-paced, high-profile, highly scalable online gaming environment.
Why we need you:
• You will collaborate with other teams to assist, troubleshoot, debug and support production issues.
• You will develop and maintain rich instrumentation to proactively monitor and alert for thresholds or defined health checks.
• You will work professionally with 3rd party vendors to have application issues fixed and long-term visions implemented.
• You will lead and influence cross-functional teams to promote operational excellence, suggest best practices for site reliability and be a driver in our dedication to continuous improvement.
• You will be responsible for the creation of software operations and support related documentation.
• You will acquire strong domain knowledge of complex systems, both front end and back end, in order to research, recommend and coordinate software development, configuration changes.
• You will make disciplined technical decisions and suggestions that are communicated to stakeholders clearly and in a timely manner.
Who you are:
• 3+ years industry experience providing support to a variety of software applications, particularly (but ideally not limited to) gaming applications.
• Diligent attention to detail coupled with thorough analysis, judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated individual who can work on multiple tasks simultaneously and context switch seamlessly.
• The ability to work under aggressive timelines and manage competing priorities.
• Highly proficient in logging and monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, Splunk, ELK).
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in the English language
• In depth knowledge of the gaming industry (marketing, poker, casino, sports book) – avid players, particularly online players a significant plus
• Web application testing and web site verification
• Knowledge of SQL and DB’s, particularly SQL Server
• Knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform and AWS.
• Experience in administration of ServiceNow, Jira, Bamboo and other Atlassian products.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Sofia.
Your package will include:
– Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
– A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
– A great yearly bonus based on performance
– A 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
– Personal e-learning courses and training supporting the development in your career
– 22 days annual leave
– A sports’ card membership valid across the country
– In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
– Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
– Free snack, fruits and drinks in the office
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it. #LI-remote