Role: Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
After forming the world’s largest publicly listed gaming company in 2018, The Stars Group is now part of Flutter Entertainment, and now we’re on a mission to create the ultimate online betting experience for millions of customers around the world!
Come and join a new team to support everything from exciting new products to helping improve the old. Helping to foster rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation.
We’re lean, we’re agile, and DevOps is at the centre of everything we do! And you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who created the most popular apps and products of their kind.
Why join the team?
You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition
It’s your chance to work on greenfield developments where you’ll build and run new products that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, building on your career so far and learning new tech skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale.
You will be part of our family, working with the best product and technology professionals, learning new skills and developing yourself in new ways.
What you will do:
The International Division’s SRE function is helping foster world-class operations environments and helping to support the core of the business. The area of interest for us next is creating our cloud centre of excellence. This role will have heavy involvement in forming the bedrock that the cloud infrastructure for the entire division will be built upon.
We believe in the Google mantra of SRE splitting their time between operations work and development work, though for now, there’s less operations and more development.
An SRE in Flutter will help shape this environment and create the conditions for healthy operations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping form the cloud centre of excellence
- Mentoring other squads in cloud capabilities, operational readiness and SRE-ready services
- Technical leadership of complex, cross-company projects to deliver operational improvements
- Provide guidance and teaching to other operational staff
- Form part of the on-call team, supporting a broad range of systems
- Providing incident and error budget analysis
Skills of an SRE within the International Division:
SREs are arguably a type of Senior DevOps, and we look for a similar skillset. We’re looking for people with as many of the following as possible:
- Worked with advanced AWS architectures, experience with GCP and Azure will also be an advantage.
- Worked to setup and manage organisational structures within AWS
- Experience in application and infrastructure security, particularly within the cloud
- Years of Linux/*nix or engineering and administration
- Incident handling and pragmatic operational decisions
- Monitoring and alerting expertise (Prometheus, Graphite, Alert Manager, Cloudwatch)
- Capability in a few programming languages (Nodejs, Java are useful)
- Capability in a few IaC languages (Terraform, Ansible, Salt are useful)
Behaviours of an SRE within the International Division:
- A pragmatic, risk-based approach to quality
- Brings understanding and operational sense to teams
- Working to get insight on everything that matters
- Not letting people do a boring task twice – automate where possible
- A desire to cultivate improvements both in themselves and others
- A desire to understand how everything works, from electrons to software patterns
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer excellent training and development opportunities for all engineers, including dedicated L&D time every week to keep your technical skills supported, this also includes a personal allowance that can be used towards additional support materials.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you £1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
What happens next?
Once you have applied, we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we will invite you to an initial conversation and if that goes well, we will progress to a more formal interview and tech test.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com