Are you our next star player?
Working under the direction of the Director of Architecture, PAM, the Software Architect, PAM, will be responsible for the design of advanced technical solutions for the core of the Stars platform and the integration support across multiple technological and/or business platforms. The Software Architect, PAM will work alongside senior management, product heads, software engineers and technologists to ensure the strategic alignment of technological solutions and business objectives. The Software Architect will provide architectural mentorship and oversight across a portfolio of Platform Delivery frameworks/products.
Why we need you:
- Designing new systems providing new capabilities to the business, whilst ensuring those systems meet our architectural goals, principles, and non-functional requirements
- Governing the evolution of existing systems, ensuring they continue to meet our architectural goals, principles, and non-functional requirements, as well as keep alignment with the tech strategy
- Working closely with product and business stakeholders, developers, and engineers across the PAM tribe and cross-tribe, in an agile environment, to support the implementation of designed solutions
- Facilitating, governing, documenting & communicating technical decisions in line with product and tech strategies
- Helping the business manage risk and determine design trade offs
- Developing proof-of-concepts, impact assessments, sketches, and documentation to help the development squads deliver the right software solutions
- Working with 3rd party representatives to help integration design of capabilities, tools, platforms and other solutions
- Providing insight into technology trends & how they interact with our business and our technology systems
- Developing, advancing, and communicating the architecture strategy across assigned products, frameworks & solutions, ensuring tribe-level and enterprise-level consistency and alignment
- Provide consultation, design input, technical direction, and feedback for consistent architectural approaches across portfolio of Platform Delivery products/frameworks and senior engineering leadership
- Architecture fulfills business requirements and is aligned with the overall tech strategy
- Architectural documentation and work products available and accessible
Who you are:
- 15+ years of relevant working experience in development and software architecture, with a proven track record of developing consumer-facing and internal solutions
- Experience implementing large-scale technological enhancements and/or pivots, including pilot implementation and analysis
- Excellent understanding of DevOps
- Understanding and experience with multiple data management tools and products – SQL/NoSQL, On prem/Cloud, Operational/Analytical
- Experience working with IT infrastructure and cloud development – virtualization, private clouds, public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Deep understanding and hands on experience with DevSecOps – CICD, creating and maintaining secure code and application.
- Experience with at least one Enterprise Architecture framework and related concepts ex. TOGAF, etc.
- Experience executing from concept to operationalizing tools, platforms and/or products.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior technologists.
- Experience and comfort working with different levels of colleagues in a matrixed organization.
- Extensive experience collaborating with senior level engineers to design and implement highly complex, end-to-end solutions.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and technology management skills
- Strong collaborative skills, combined with practical experience in providing robust, scalable and flexible architecture solutions.
- Excellent communications and consensus building skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experienced in agile delivery
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.