The role: Software Developer
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Sports Development team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Are you our next star player?
If you are a passionate, innovative Software Developer who is keen to work and lead projects for innovative web-based products used by millions of players- keep reading! If you enjoy working with code and are motivated by working in a creative environment that allows you to build software using the newest technologies, our role is designed for you.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
Why we need you
You will become part of the Global Sports & Trading Platform tribe where you will be developing and maintaining systems that strive to be the best in class.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Define and analyse business requirements and implement solutions to business needs
- Develop new system applications and improve functionality to ensure high quality in any software releases
- Actively participate in application design, database design, data-flows, and detailed technical design
- Implement, document and unit test code that implements the functionality required by the business to meet business objectives
- Partnering with load testing and QA teams to produce quality software
Who we’re looking for?
- 2+ years of experience in Java 8 (or above) & Spring Framework
- Experience in backend REST development
- Exceptional understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience in SQL and writing performant complex queries and architecting data solutions
- Knowledge in web Socket and HTTP 2.0
- High motivation for development
- Good prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about writing good code
- Flexibility and resistance in fast-paced working environment
- Team player
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- A great yearly bonus based on performance
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 BGN for your new addition whilst working for us
- Personal e-learning courses and training supporting the development in your career
- 25 days annual leave
- A sports’ card membership valid across the country
- In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
- Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Software developer role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars .