The role: We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our one of our Web Applications teams in Leeds.
You will directly influence our players and the experience they have when using our Sportsbook, working in a modern agile environment to deliver software.
Are you our next star player?
The Software Engineer will play a crucial role in working on our multi-platform web applications, which are built on top of webpack, TypeScript, React and WebSocket technology ensuring applicable testing has been applied to all levels of the platform and providing a clear and consistent interface for users to use and enjoy. Working with the rest of your team, you will also review and feedback on code to ensure it meets the high standards we hold ourselves to.
Possessing a desire to work in a team that powers the user experience of a global customer base, the Software Engineer will also proactively align themselves with the latest engineering trades in their field and enjoy being part of a strong team culture.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
Why we need you
Reporting directly to the Lead Software Engineer, the Software Engineer will:
• Use features of the web platform to ensure the best possible performance is achieved for customers
• Understand what it means to work on a truly global product and the idioms of global users
• Work with internationalisation technologies to provide content in all our supported languages, currencies and multi branding
• Apply fundamental UX and accessibility principles to make our products available to all customers.
• Ensure applicable testing has been applied to all levels of the web platform
• Consider error scenarios to ensure customers have the best experience always
• Proactively staying up to date with latest engineering trends in your field
Who we’re looking for
• You are familiar with deploying code with Github, Jenkins
• Experience of working in a modern agile environment (e.g. Scrum / Kanban)
• You will have a passion for improving the User Experience of our Customers
• You have experience with React and Typescript
• An understanding of interactive, incremental development and fast feedback
• Deploy applications and serverless components into AWS using a variety of tools
• An understanding of automation and its role in modern software delivery
• Comfortable working independently or collaboratively with good time and prioritisation skills
• Strong communication skills
• Pragmatic with a strong understanding of effort versus business value
• Collaborative team player
• Problem solver with a drive to understand what’s under the hood
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
• Starting from 25 days paid annual leave increasing with service
• Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
• Personal life insurance and income protection
• The option to join our company pension scheme
• In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career, including full access to the Udemy platform and the mindfulness and meditation application Headspace
• External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
• Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
• Discounted gym membership
• Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
• Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Software Engineer role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.