We’re on an exciting journey; as part of the Flutter group we form a key piece of the world’s largest Betting and Gaming company with brands such as PokerStars, Paddy Power, BetFair and SkyBet. We’re expanding our team as we use our technical and sports betting expertise to deliver a best of breed Sportsbook.
What you will do
Reporting into a Lead Software Engineer and working under guidance of our Principal Engineers, you will work with your team on the backend platform, delivering key parts of our strategy to build and own the industry’s best sports betting and trading platform.
Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard across our team. We offer excellent training and development opportunities for all engineers, including dedicated L&D time every week.
You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from those around you. Culture is the foundation of our success and we want every one of our team to be a part of it and drive it.
How you will do it
- Our platform is built upon many core technologies with Java being our predominant language of choice
- You’ll deploy these applications into AWS using a variety of tools including (but not limited to) Jenkins, GoCD, AWS CDK, chef and Ansible
- We use some key shared technologies to help power our platform such as Kafka, MySQL and Cassandra
- Understand what it means to work on a truly global product and the idioms of global users
- Ensure applicable testing has been applied to all levels of the platform
- Provide clear and consistent interfaces for our front-end teams to consume
- Proactively staying up to date with latest engineering trends in your field
Normally based in our Leeds city centre tech hub, you’ll enjoy being part of a strong team culture, with the flexibility to work remotely around that. You will be part of a global team.
How we work
We believe in providing the best career for everyone; your progression begins on the day we first meet.
Career progression, staff engagement and satisfaction are paramount to us. We want an environment where engineers can do their best work and be the best that they can be.
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so communication and interpersonal skills are important for this role
- Modern software engineering relies on iterative, incremental development and fast feedback – we expect a good understanding of the mechanics of this including a solid understanding of automation and its role in modern software delivery
- Have experience of working in a modern agile environment (e.g. Scrum / Kanban)
- You will be comfortable working independently or collaboratively with good time and prioritisation skills
- Proactively use your personal development time to improve yourself
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com