The role: Sports Analytics Manager
We are looking for a Sports Analytics Manager join our growing Sportsbook team in London.
Are you our next star player?
Understanding our customers and keeping our finger on the pulse of our business is key to commercial success. The analytics department brings data to life – partnering with stakeholders to add insight and analysis to key decision-making processes. As our aspirations for sports betting in international markets grow, our analytical resource must grow to match. Your role will be to lead and inspire a team of analysts, perform key analytics projects, and build strong relationships within the commercial team. Commercial analytics covers many areas including promotions, acquisition, reporting and retention.
Why we need you:
Reporting to the Head of Insights & Analytics, you will be responsible for:
- Key touch point between Analytics and Commercial – a close working relationship with commercial stakeholders is key to success. You will build a strong relationship with senior Commercial stakeholders to ensure analytics and commercial teams are in sync.
- Manage a team of analysts – Work with your team to understand the projects/progress in their area. Feed up a picture of the work going on across the team, and how relationships between teams function. Feed down the broader business context, to enable your team to tackle problems in the right way.
- Complete analysis at a high standard – as the most experienced analyst within your team you will have exposure to the highest priority items and be required to deliver for senior stakeholders.
- Mentor analysts – Educate analysts in best practices for analytics and help to develop their softer skills like stakeholder management, prioritisation, time management, communication and presentation.
- Help your team to set personal development goals and challenge them meet these goals by innovating in how they solve problems and conduct themselves day in, day out.
- Lead and inspire – Foster an open and trusting culture – at a time where we find ourselves working remotely, finding ways to ensure that the team maintains a positive work life balance, while building strong relationships with stakeholders is essential.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of all work originating within your team
- Complete performance reviews, maintain regular catch ups and guide goal setting.
Who we’re looking for:
As an experienced Analytics manager, we’ll expect you to show:
- Strong leadership qualities and a proven ability to motivate and influence
- Experience in a senior analytical role
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Experience of managing a variety of stakeholders
- Stakeholder Management – Building and maintaining relationships is vital for ensuring team output is valuable and relevant.
- Communicator – Transforming analysis into insight by creating concise, compelling communications.
- Analytical thinker – Creative analytical thinking is key to producing robust frameworks and solutions to business problems.
- Commercially minded – Understanding context is vital to delivering the best results, so a good understanding of our business and industry is required.
- Planning – Giving clear guidelines and deadlines on the delivery of priority projects, as well as the ability to design and prioritise the analytics roadmap.
- Technical – Must have strong fundamentals of analytics, data mining, manipulation and evaluation.
- Mentoring and education – Being able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your team members, discuss them constructively, and set them down the path of self-improvement.
Whats in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- annual travel loans
- subsidised massage sessions
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll schedule a zoom interview.
PokerStars is a part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.