The role: Sports Trading Analyst
We are looking for a Trading Analyst located in Dublin to join our growing Sports betting team.
Are you our next star player?
Understanding our customers and keeping our finger on the pulse of our business is key to commercial success. The analytics department brings data to life – partnering with stakeholders to add insight and analysis to key decision-making processes. As our aspirations for sports betting in international markets grow, our analytical resource must grow to match.
Why we need you:
Reporting to the PokerStars Sports Analytics Manager your role will be to perform key analytics projects and build positive relationships within our trading team. Trading analytics covers many areas including pricing, risk and customer segmentation and your analysis will help to evaluate performance in these areas as well as identifying new efficiencies and opportunities for our business.
- Work closely with the trading team and encourage a data led approach to the decision-making process
- Evaluate and report on trading performance and find opportunities and efficiencies for the business
- Be comfortable collating data and insights from multiple sources to reach the most accurate conclusions
Who we’re looking for:
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics etc.)
- A strong analytical background; high numerical aptitude is required along with experience handling large datasets
- Experience using SQL
- Knowledge of / keen interest in online sports betting
- Practical experience using a variety of analysis tools including MicroStrategy, Python, KNIME, R etc. (desired not required)
- Technical – Must have strong fundamentals of analytics, data mining, manipulation and evaluation
- Communicator – Redefining analysis into insight by crafting concise, compelling communications
- Analytical thinker – Creative analytical thinking is key to producing robust frameworks and solutions to business problems
- Great teammate – Ability to work well within a team to get work done
- Commercially minded – Understanding context is vital to delivering the best results, so a good understanding of our business and industry is desired
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll schedule a Zoom phone interview, and if that goes well we’ll arrange for a Zoom video interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.