Role: SRE Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced SRE manager to join our Infrastructure & Production Operations team, driving the implementation and configuration of a complex hybrid datacenter infrastructure, supporting our products across the world. Working closely with various delivery resources, infrastructure architects and software engineers, the ideal candidate will have a proven experience in a similar IT, DevOps and Production Operations leadership role, working at large scale automation, deployment and integration projects in an Agile environment.
- Lead a cross-functional team running production operations and DevOps
- Work closely with SRE Architecture team on a hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Assist in leading the implementation of next generation automated solutions
- Act as subject matter expert on DevOps and Production Ops best practices
- Manage relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Lead decomposition and estimation of business-level requirements with the teams
- Ultimately responsible for meeting the uptime SLA and successful delivery of SRE projects
- Experience with “bare metal” datacenters and infrastructure architecture
- Extensive knowledge of networking, security, virtualization and operating systems principles
- Linux and Bash savvy. Strong ability to work with automation and CI/CD tools and languages, like Jenkins (Groovy), Nexus, Artifactory.
- Proven hands-on experience with orchestration and configuration management solutions, like Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Full proficiency in containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of both private (VMWare) and public (AWS, Google, Azure) cloud solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar IT and DevOps Leadership role ideally in an IT Solutions, Consulting, or Professional Services environment, with a proven ability to provide the technical, organizational and management skills required to produce results
- Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and strategy
- Strong communications skills and an ability to communicate effectively with senior management and influence other teams
- Ability to drive collaboration with functional and technical teams to achieve effective solutions
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- A real leader who knows how to motivate the team and build a culture of transparency, ownership and winning
- Prior experience working in Agile environments and ability to lead the team through a process transformation
- This is a hands-on role, you will act as a “player coach” and will participate in technical and architectural discussions and help make technology decisions
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.