As an SRE Product Owner, you will be responsible for the foundation of our gaming platform – the infrastructure and automation. In this position, you will be defining and prioritizing the SRE Team’s backlog, by gathering requirements from stakeholders, prioritizing them, documenting them accordingly and working with the SRE Team to deliver within the agreed upon timeline.
Are you our next star player?
You will collaborate closely with the business verticals, project management and the SRE Management team to define the strategic implementation and automation roadmap, with the SRE team responsible for the delivery, and with stakeholders to understand needs. Ultimately, you will be the specialist who holds the vision for your platform and knows its Return on Investment.
The perfect candidate will have a solid grasp on SRE, DevOps and infrastructure automation, data analytics, strategy, and agile methodologies in order to deliver high-quality projects that our platform and services benefit from.
Why we need you:
- Work with the SRE Managers and the team on establishing an infrastructure automation visionand a roadmap that aligns with the platform’s strategic mission and objectives.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for assigned areas of the platform.
- Manage the relationship and communication with stakeholders on infrastructure-related matters.
- Produce, analyze, refine and document stakeholders’ requirements and user stories to be included in the production planning.
- Ensure that the SRE Team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared and prioritized tasks to work on.
- Work with the SRE Managers and the team to prioritize features and stories with external dependencies, ensuring a transversal prioritization of the issues that need to be delivered.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and decomposition of the user stories. Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps in agreement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the SRE Scrum Master and Project Managers to run successful release planning and sprint planning sessions, as well as sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Ensure a good communication and training strategy on the released features
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a major client focus. It is important that you can lead and inspire in a technical environment and collaborate with both technical and non-technical talent. You are driven and passionate about automating the platform, with millions of users and are a structured, result-oriented person. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create, and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems. You constantly innovate and improve platform quality and group productivity. To succeed, you will need to be excellent in building strong relationships.
- 3+ years of experience in working as an Agile Product Owner, or in a similar position, in a technology or software development company
- Knowledge of Agile processes and principles, backlog management techniques (story decomposition, story mapping) and metrics (burn down metrics, velocity, lead time, cycle time)
- Experience with SRE / DevOps teams, culture and processes
- Thorough understanding and experience with IaaS and PaaS, CI / CD concepts
- Strong security mentality
- Understanding of key SRE terms: SLA / SLO / SLI, error budget etc.
- Solid understanding of high availability principles, system observability and incident management
- Demonstrable expertise of Project Management fundamentals
- Good knowledge and acumen of IT Technology fundamentals and solutions.
- Proficiency with collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA Agile, Aha or equivalent, SharePoint, Confluence);
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and meeting coordination skills
- Analytical and synthesizing skills
- Ability to draft documents that are clear, concise and well structured
- Ability to prioritize activities in the face of competing demands
- Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global basis
Nice to have
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and similar tools
- Solid understanding of software and infrastructure architecture and prior technical hands-on experience
- Good knowledge of Data & Analytics is a plus
- Certifications as Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) are a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, the next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.