The Role: System Administrator – PokerNews
We are looking for a System Administrator to work for PokerNews from Lithuania.
Are you our next Star Player?
The System Administrator will maintain, upgrade, and manage software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role with the ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. Communication is key with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Why we need you
Your main goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. Responsibilities include:
- Installing and configuring software, hardware, and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
Who we’re looking for
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role;
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN), network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs) and patch management;
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and Windows Server administration
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery;
- Ability to create scripts in PowerShell, Python, Perl or other scripting environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud (Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure AD, Intune)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus.
About the Group
PokerNews is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications, this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it
WANT A SEAT AT THE TABLE? APPLY NOW!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.