The role: Technical Business Analyst
We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join our busy and dynamic SRE & Platform Teams to be based out of our office in Leeds. We host and run our PokerStars product across over 30 data centers and multiple public cloud providers.
Why we need you:
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will help to articulate and document the needs of the business for our Hosting & Infrastructure Teams. You’ll work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced & delivery focused team, in scaled agile development environment. You are required to collaborate with the product team, traders and business users to understand business processes, gather business requirements, evaluate concepts, and support early engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Requirements planning and acceptance criteria development
- Supporting and challenging Product Mangers when required
- Building the multiple story and sub-story process under the Epic if required
- Leading and participating in multiple projects by documenting scope, analysis and outcomes
- Backlog refinement and interaction with the development team
- Working with development teams to ensure that the work committed to is understood and urgent matters are dealt with
- Focusing on the iterative loop of communication and feedback between the development team and the business
- Balancing multiple products, alongside projects, and complete on product deliverables
Who are we looking for:
- Previous experience working as a Business Analyst (or comparable role) in an IT Delivery function
- Experience of using Agile/Scrum
- Experience performing stakeholder analysis and management at all levels of the organisation, building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Workshop management in order to elicit requirements, obtain collaborative agreement or promote buy in and communication
- Commercial awareness and an application of cost benefit analysis to requirements and delivery, knowing when to take a pragmatic approach
- Experience with risk identification, analysis, and management
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking
- Self-management and initiative
- Delivery-focused approach
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A qualification in Agile/Scrum practitioner or similar is desirable
- Experience of people management/development would also be a plus
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone/zoom interview, and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for another zoom or face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.