We are looking for a Technical Product Owner to join our busy and dynamic team in Sofia!
You’ll be managing and coordinating the end-to-end project activities from initiation to implementation including project set-up, kick-off, requirements analysis, solution design, build, test, production implementation, post-implementation review, issue resolution, status reporting and lessons learned. In addition, you will participate in lead internal IT projects and improve the IT processes and workflows. As Product Owner (PO) you are integral member of the scrum / Kanban team within the Technology division and is expected to perform as such in all aspects of team success. The PO is accountable for delivering a unified customer view into Engineering through provision of visible, well-articulated, detailed and prioritised backlogs of user stories into the scrum delivery teams. Our customers will be mostly internal R&D Teams and different stakeholders across some verticals.
Who are we looking for:
You’ll be providing direction and support to project team so proven experience working as a business systems analyst or within project management (focusing on software projects) is important. You’ll be a critical analytical thinker and problem solver to enable you to evaluate project outcomes and maintain comprehensive project documentation and provide timely status reports to management.
You’ll be monitoring the progress of the project and adjusting as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project so a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Math or Engineering will be needed along with multi-tasking skills.
The organization follows the general project management methodology and your PMP certification will be useful and appreciated.
You’ll be communicating to our team and various stakeholders in the Group so excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed within a thorough and timely manner.
An added benefit would be experience within the gaming industry and a solid understanding of programming in large scale e-commerce environment and CI/ CD.
Accountability and Responsibilities
- Creation and grooming of the product backlog, ensuring that it delivers the product strategy
- Elicits requirements from stakeholders and documents requirements in the form of User Stories, to clearly articulate the customer need or problem
- Defining Acceptance Criteria so that the team understand when the story is done
- Breaking features, epics and stories down, adding further detail on a just-in-time basis
- Defining MVP and prioritisation of User Stories against business value to achieve MVP
- Continually prioritising the product backlog to always ensure the user stories of highest value are foremost
- Collaborate with other Product Owners to identify dependencies and constraints and align contents of sprint to resolve these
- Convey requirements to Architecture and UX team members and review their outputs (solution designs, wireframes etc.) to ensure that requirements and value are delivered
- Gathering and reviewing data on Product Performance and usage analytics to make informed decisions regarding existing and future functionality
Planning & Sprint Activities:
- Attend all scrum ceremonies (release planning, sprint planning, stand ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives)
- Negotiate contents of sprint with the scrum development team based on size and capacity of the team
- Act as the stakeholder/customer representative, conveying the vision and value to be achieved during the release and iterations
- Motivate the team to achieve their sprint goals
- Be available to the team to answer questions and clarify requirements
- Work with management to develop swim lanes for various categories of work in any given sprint (e.g. bug fixing, new features, technical debt).
- Facilitate and contribute to the cross-functional “Product Decision Team”, managing decision making across the stakeholder community and using this in Product Backlog grooming and refinement
Acceptance, Demos, & Release:
- Review and accept user stories into the baseline as they are completed during the sprint, ensuring they deliver the business value intended. Doing this as early as possible in the sprint allows the team time to fix issues and achieve their sprint goals.
- Plan and manage customer UAT as required.
- Ensure product/feature launch readiness – write release notes and convey changes to stakeholders (Projects, Knowledge and Support) to support a smooth transition to live and operations
- Demo new functionality to customers as required
- Facilitate and participate in rollout’s and trials of new functionality to Customers or R&D.
- Communicate out progress to the wider stakeholder community
- Is the “go to” person within Technology from the Operations side of the business
- Answering questions and assisting on resolving Product Issues and making priority calls
Other PO/PM activities:
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Execute the project according to the project plan in agile way
- Prepare, track, and provide timely updates to action, issue and risk logs
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff in the organization, on the progress of the project
- Write reports on the project for management and for executives
- Communicate with external vendors/ stakeholders as outlined in project requirements
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Information Technology, or related discipline
- 4+ years experience in IT Product Owner roles or IT Project Management execution (experience in all/most knowledge areas: scope, time, cost, quality, communications, risk, procurement, and integration management)
- Process Improvement Methodology certification considered an asset
- Vendor Management experience considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence, etc
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Large Application Delivery Projects is key
- Prior experience with DevOps tools, Continuous Integration, and Agile Methods
- Experience in business activities from a technology perspective
- Outcome/deliverable-focused orientation with a bias for action; disciplined scope, time, and cost management
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to train/mentor/coach non-project managers in the area of project management and governance
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments; considering multiple points of view and managing conflicts
- Strong understanding / experience in IT and DevOps projects is a plus
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Sofia.
Your package will include:
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- A great yearly bonus based on performance
- A 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Personal e-learning courses and training supporting the development in your career
- 22 days annual leave
- A sports’ card membership valid across the country
- In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
- Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
- Free snack, fruits and drinks in the office
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with
disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.