Are you our next star player?
We are looking for a dedicated scrum master to join our team. The individual in this role would be responsible for overseeing our SRE teams and working under the agile methodology. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of working in different Agile mythologies.
The SRE Scrum Master is the team role responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use and ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team. You will ensure that Agile methodologies are properly applied and that roles are correctly distributed and understood by the ScrumBan team (Product Owner, DevOps Specialists, Systems Administrator, etc).
The Scrum Master is also the organizer and facilitator of the various methodology “rituals”, identifying and driving continuous improvement throughout team; while at the same time actively participating, collaborating and communicating within the Agile guild solving wider challenge and driving operational excellence.
Why we need you
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Lead all ScrumBan related ceremonies, including: daily standup, backlog refinement sessions, sprint retrospectives, and sprint planning ceremonies
- Guide, coach, empower the team, facilitating discussions, decision making, conflict resolution, and delivery of committed work goals
- Support the Product Owner maintaining the product strategy/roadmap through story mapping, backlog grooming and requirements refinement
- Provide leadership in identifying iterative process improvements and methods to streamline adoption of Agile methodologies.
- Take initiative and act as a leader to foster collaboration and communication between SРЕ teams and team members on technical issues, on process improvements, and support solicitation of input and feedback from stakeholders and users after each Sprint.
- Proactively assess the team’s Agile maturity and constantly raise the bar to improve the team’s velocity within a sustainable pace of change.
- Track team metrics – Velocity, Burn Down Charts, commit-to-claim ratio, cycle time, SLI / SLO / SLA etc. and provide optimization recommendations to SRE Managers.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and business verticals, assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Ensure the capacity pie is being adhered to between the Scrum and Kanban SRE streams
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience working on SRE teams is a must: you know how to juggle multiple priorities, handle planned project (Scrum) and operational (Kanban) streams and work in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Good grasp of SRE methodology and metrics and ability to develop world-class SRE processes and metrics.
- Certifications: Scrum Master Certification A-CSM, CSP-SM, or PSM II
- 3+ years’ experience with Agile methodologies with JIRA is a plus.
- Flexibility of working hours to work with cross regional teams across the world.
- Superior analytical and reporting skills.
- Eagerness to work in a team and as a team to solve problems but without requiring micromanagement.
- Eagerness to act as a mentor and lead.
- Ability to coordinate with both external and internal teams.
- Experience with different estimation techniques and engaging daily stand-up and retrospectives ceremonies.
- Solid communication skills including excellent English language skills, solid writing skills and strong people skills.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.