The role: We are looking for a Tooling & Automation Team Lead to join our IT & Production Operations Team in Leeds.
Are you our next star player?
The Tooling & Automation Team Lead will play a pivotal role in securely delivering integrations and process automations within the workplace IT environment. You will be at the leading edge of a technology transformation on a critical path to empower our modern workforce and accelerate IT service delivery across the enterprise.
As a technology lead you will represent the Automation Team in key decision meetings and contribute to the IT strategy and roadmap. You will keep abreast of the latest developments in the IT infrastructure and security spaces, applying best practices and maximizing group takeaways through guilds.
Why we need you
Reporting to the Head of IT Systems, you will:
- Work closely with the IT and Security teams to prioritize and sequence jobs in order to deliver business value and reduce risk.
- Coach, mentor and encourage the growth and career progression of team members, providing guidance to reduce skills and knowledge gaps, improving team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide senior level technical expertise in the design, integration and automation of IT systems and platforms.
- Improve the tooling and orchestration for full-stack and hybrid environments.
- Support the scripting and automation needs of the infrastructure delivery pipeline and BAU operations.
- Support decision making activities and periodic reviews with management reports.
- Improve service and compliance by reducing manual tasks and hand-offs.
- Support critical escalations, and ongoing system maintenance requirements.
- Supply tooling to support IT and other operational teams.
- Feed into the infrastructure improvement and project delivery pipeline,
- Management of source code and source control.
- Incident, problem, request and change management.
- Project, process and task management.
- Fully support audit, legal and compliance activities.
- Co-ordinate team efforts using stand-up and scrum.
Who we’re looking for:
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role with proven experience leading a successful team.
- A comfort within immutable server builds and tooling.
- Experience working securely with APIs and managed password vaults
- The ability to analyze end-to-end system processes and make informed recommendations on how to implement improvements for its stability, scalability and performance.
- Experience working with UIPath would be an asset.
- Highly competent with PowerShell, Bash and Python.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Azure for automation and orchestration.
- Ability to triage and prioritise work to meet set time frames.
- Strong service skills and excellent customer facing demeanour.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to support a fast-paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounted gym membership
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Tooling & Automation Team Lead role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with Pokerstars.