We are looking for a UX Researcher to join our Casino team in Dublin.
Are you our next star player?
The Stars Group is part of an ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands including Paddy Power, Betfair, Pokerstars, Sky Bet, Sportsbet, FOX Bet, FanDuel, TVG and Adjarabet. Collectively, these brands form one of the largest online gaming businesses in the world. We provide gaming experiences designed to make our platforms the favourite iGaming destinations for customers everywhere.
The UX Researcher will be responsible for Product usability research, Survey building, analytics dashboards and reports, designing user interface solutions and create prototypes, Mockups, Wireframes and user interface solutions for casino product and various product features for the casino products on desktop and mobile platforms.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Why we need you
You will work with Product Design team and the Head of Product Design to ensure designs aligns with Product guidelines and across our various sites and platforms, ensuring our user experience is reflected at its best. In addition, you will lead our analysis function by defining requirements and specifications for frontend interactive components and graphics solutions, and collaborate with business analysts and product managers, to define best user experience for the casino environments and products.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with business analysts, product managers, and design leads on designing prototypes and demos, based on original wireframes for desktop and mobile applications.
- Working on different projects simultaneously, touching various products and platforms (including native apps, desktop software and responsive sites).
- Together with the UI designers, applying a high level of polish to wireframes and prototypes to deliver compelling player-facing designs and User experience.
- Ensuring customer journeys are consistent with product style-guides and the player journey is seamless and entertaining.
- Crafting useful and usable UX experiences for players.
- Supporting the product Design style guide, UI Toolkit and Design System, in collaboration with the Product design team and other design teams across the business.
- Presenting solutions to stakeholders rationalising and clearly communicating design decisions, process, and benefits for the end-user.
- Using design to add moments of delight for players through graphics, interactions, transitions, and animations.
- Involving and collaborating with technical teams.
Who we’re looking for
You will have extensive experience of user interface design in desktop software, web environments, with at least 2 years in mobile platform. A strong knowledge of user experience and user interface design processes and methodology is essential, as well as solid knowledge of user-centred design principles, information and visual design best practices. You should have an understanding of the software development life cycle, problem solving and organizational skill, with the ability to design guidelines for developers and designers. You should also be an excellent team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Attention to details and passion for creating and maintaining high level quality designs
- Experience using Figma, Adobe suite
- Experience using Google Analytic & Google Data Studio or willingness to learn
- Knowledge in development languages, like HTML5 & CSS
- Experience with project management and delivering complex projects successfully
- Experience with the online casino gaming industry and community
- Passion for video games
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- Starting from 22 days paid annual leave increasing with service
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- Access to an onsite gym.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.