We are looking for a WordPress Developer for PokerNews to be based in our Italy, Venice office.
Are you our next star player?
Specialising in high-quality content for millions of users around the globe, PokerNews is the world’s leading authority on all things poker. The site provides a range of daily news, reviews and strategies, and prides itself on comprehensive live coverage of poker events from all corners of the world. Attracting both new and experienced players alike, our customers also find exclusive videos, podcasts, poker room reviews, and much, much more.
Why we need you:
As WordPress developer, you will design, implement, test, and maintain web (WordPress based) applications, themes and plugins. You will be involved in all aspects of software development and delivery, such as attending projects kick-off, design and review meetings, working closely with product owners and design teams, and transforming approved requirements into reliable, performant and secure software.
Other responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the product owners, editor in chief, marketing and technology to plan and lead front-end and back-end features from initiation till closure.
- Write high quality code using the appropriate and modern technologies and techniques
- Give and receive feedback through code reviews
- Actively contribute to decisions related to our infrastructure to constantly improve how we design, develop, test, and deploy our software.
- Write unit, integration, performance, e2e, etc; test frameworks to ensure quality
- Experiment with new ideas to improve our product and services
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of web app development experience
- Solid understanding of plugin and themes development workflows and best practices
- Solid knowledge of OOP, Hooks, Filters and how to write performant and secure code and SQL queries to build functionality and underlying logics.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design principles, both for desktop and mobile
- Knowledge of the modern web architectural patterns, knowledge of such technologies like HTTP(S), REST, WebSocket, CORS
- Solid knowledge of principles of security by design e by default.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a highly flexible remote environment
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git and what version control is.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom interview.
PokerNews is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.